THE DEMONS s/t 1977 Mercury. Kidd & co wrote one of the best Power Pop meets…


THE DEMONS s/t 1977 Mercury. Kidd & co wrote one of the best Power Pop meets Heartbreakers anthems of all time "She's So Tuf"..if you don't know it..find it now. Even the smaller NY bands were signed to majors and assigned big producers..That had no idea how to promote them and they were unknown outside of their circle..So destined for obscurity.. They played with THE DICTATORS a lot & their claim to fame was that leader ELIOT KID was best friends with JOHNNY THUNDERS & that WALTER LURE was in The Demons before THE HEARTBREAKERS.. You can for sure hear that influence. Any fan of L.A.M.F. would love "Bad Dreamin'","I Hate You" & "It's Gonna Be Alright".. Their sound also reminds me a lot of THE REAL KIDS/TAXI BOYS.. Similar vocal delivery & Pop sensibilities. They cover "I Fought The Law" (pre Clash) & "He's a Rebel" which are both good enough.. Thanks to Tina Lucchessi for turning me onto these guys by covering "She's So Tough" on her classic late 90s LP. Another killer $5 dollar sealed "cut out bin" record for years.. Some people caught on after KIDD was interviewed in "Please Kill Me" & was known to be around Sid & Nancy during all of that..sadly…Now it's a bit of a classic for fans of that New York Post Dolls sound…there was actually a few other NY DOLLS influenced bands from NY that get forgotten like these guys did..more next week.



Source by jeffglave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONNECTION is better than PERFECTION. This thought came to me this morning as I…

A lot of people tell me that I really need to get over those who have hurt me be…